What is WrapAround?
This program is offered to families who are interacting with Child and Family Services(CFS) system. Families who are facing challenges with the parenting of their children may also benefit from the support of WrapAround.
WrapAround families may be:
- Encountering difficulties managing family life
- Involved with a family enhancement program through a child welfare agency
- Have children currently in child welfare care
- Working towards reunification
- Wanting to reduce child welfare involvement
- Staying connected through long term care placement
Becoming Involved with WrapAround
Either you or your worker can call us to set up a meeting.
- Our Wraparound staff will be your contact person. Once you have connected to the program, you will be able to have individual meetings with them to discuss and set goals for your Family Plan.
- We’ll work with you to create a plan of support for your family to work towards the goals you identify. Your plan will be custom-made for your family and Acorn Family Place will be part of your family’s WrapAround, comprehensive care so you will find a sense of belonging and support.
- If you have a worker, they can be involved in this process and you can invite other supportive people in your life to assist as well. We can help you identify those supports and involve them in your Plan, whether it is extended family, your child’s school, or a community organization you feel comfortable with.
Your Family Plan may include any of the following:
- Your children will be welcomed to the Playroom. You’ll be able to play with them there, and they can also stay with the Early Childhood Educators while you attend programs or enjoy some of the relaxing and fun activities around the centre. If your children are not in your care, ACCESS visits can be arranged in the Playroom.
- You and your children can attend programs like Music Circle and Wiggle Giggle and Munch each week.
- Throughout the year, we’ll invite your family to attend fun family activities and outings.
- You’ll be able to attend Parenting programs. Different programs are offered throughout the year.
- The Personal Development Facilitator can be accessed for workshops and individual support. Workshops are about conflict and communication, self-perception, difficult parts of life, and relationships. Individual support can include advocacy, a listening ear, life skill development, or personal development work regarding the challenges you are facing.
- If you are interested in going a little deeper, you may choose to visit the therapist.
- If you are pregnant or have a small child, you may be interested in joining the Healthy Baby program to enjoy the company of other parents, eat some yummy food, and learn all about babies and baby-care.
- Your individual Family Plan can also include any other AFP supports you think will be helpful to your family.
- In your meetings with the Family Advocate, you will assess your progress towards your goals, and choose how you will discuss these with your worker. You’ll be able to plan and set new goals and continue to move forward.
- · When you have completed your plan and are ready to move on, you will graduate! You will continue to be welcome as part of the Acorn Family Place family and can choose to participate freely
For more information about WrapAround, please contact: (204) 560-3143
WrapAround Support Team:
Chandel: (204) 818-3864 or wasupport@acornfamilyplace
Tiffany: (204) 558-2293 or email@example.com
Roberta: (204) 818-8819 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie: (204) 560-3153 or email@example.com